By Interpreta Staff
February 20, 2017 - Interpreta today announced at the 2017 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Conference that our technology will soon be available in the Salesforce Health Cloud. This will empower healthcare organizations to intelligently synchronize healthcare and ultimately build stronger patient relationships.
Health Cloud gives healthcare providers the ability to make smarter care decisions, engage with patients across their caregiver networks, and manage patient data in new and powerful ways.
With the integration of Interpreta into Health Cloud, healthcare organizations will have access to fully automated clinical insights that enable real-time personalized care planning, pharmacogenomics, prioritization of a population based on actual clinical acuity, and individual precision medicine. Interpreta’s analytics engine does this by continuously interpreting both clinical and genomic data to enable doctors, care managers and others throughout a healthcare organization to synchronize patient care at the individual and population level.
Interpreta’s capabilities include:
● Closed-loop clinical evaluation to automatically open and close problems, goals and tasks in real-time
● Prospective analytics that enable timely clinical engagement and outreach
● Dynamic patient prioritization to identify changing risk factors that include unmet care needs, disease burden, medication risk including genomics, and hospitalization risk
● A continuously re-calibrated patient roadmap for future care with precise due dates
● Tailored patient goals based upon NCQA-certified clinical standards of care
“Interpreta’s real-time engine enables key stakeholders to interpret individual and population- wide information in a single closed-loop system to manage risk and improve clinical effectiveness,” said Interpreta CEO and Co-founder Ahmed Ghouri, M.D."
“The Salesforce Health Cloud enables providers to get a more precise view of patient demographic, lifestyle, and health information to better serve their needs through a system of engagement and building stronger patient relationships,” said Dr. Joshua Newman, Chief Medical Officer at Salesforce. “Interpreta is a valuable part of our journey towards creating a modern healthcare platform for patients, doctors, and everyone else involved in care.”